1943 - The idea of a reading room being offered as a service to the public was introduced by the Grimshaw Women's Institute.
1953 - The WI once again decided to start a library. - Certificate of Incorporation Feb 2, 1953
1956 - Roy's Propane Service closed leaving the WI to find a new location for their collection.
1957 - The WI purchased a small building for $400.00; Town Council provided the site, power and lights.
1961 - The library was moved into a larger building 4' by 40' but soon outgrew that as well.
1971 - After 10 years of growth the library was moved downstairs at the Town Office.
1982 - Municipal Bylaw #663 was passed on March 29, 1982. The library became the Town of Grimshaw Library Board.
1984 - The library relocated to a shared building with the Elks Hall
1985 - Town council passed a resolution in support of the Peace Region Co-operative Library Project.
1986 - Town of Grimshaw became the first community to sign the Peace Library System agreement.
1993 - An informal Friends of the Library group was formed.
1996 - The library again found itself in need of additional space; Friends of the Library began fundraising.
1998 - The library first offered internet services.
2001 - Records were automated, joining the library with other Peace Library System libraries.
2004 - Along with Peace Library System the library joined TRAC online catalogue.
2017 - The Library moved and joined up with the Mile Zero Regional Multiplex.